Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Flakes of a Frozen Emotion


I had pretty much no idea as to what to expect from the 'Cocoon' album Release Party. We arrived late and frazzled as usual. But as we pushed our way through to where we could see the stage I was feeling the 'bouncing soles' of my doc martens. This was clearly not going to be one of those standing around staring nights. The singing was beautiful and the atmosphere intoxicating in a smoke free Bios and somewhere between 'Cold' and 'Playboy' I was sloshed in a rogue wave of deja vu. It was like an unleashing of that feeling of ultimate possibility that grows from devastating heartbreak. I was sold.

After that night I listened to the album so much my 2 year old had started singing the songs by heart. I knew I wanted to stitch some of the lyrics somewhere. So when I saw my so pretty friend Penny's dreamy pics from the December blizzard in NYC I thought 'Cold!' (forgive me for being very literal) and this little glass ball was born.

The base of the ball reads 'You make me feel so cold' and the title 'flakes of a frozen emotion' are all lyrics from the song 'Cold'. Do go to http://www.myspace.com/tareqsouleiman and check it (and all the other tracks) out it is so worth it. And Penny thank you for being my muse! I hope you like it





No comments:

Post a Comment