Thursday, January 28, 2010

DIY Brothel Part II Puttanesca

Yesterday I did it again. Just like that, in 15 minutes you can have a mountain of yum to eat. I love Puttanesca! I've made it 5 times now so I think its finally ready to share with you. I hope you like it as much as I do! I make it slightly differently every time but it always comes out nice and its something really easy that actually works for a dinner party. Its great cause you can have a stash of the ingredients at home at all times and whip it up in emergency situations.

Serves 4
You will need:

  • one deep plate of chopped tomatoes, either fresh or from a tin.
  • about 8 sundried tomatoes wizzed around in the blender with a squirt of slightly concentrated tomato juice
  • one very big onion or one and a half medium sized ones
  • 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
  • a handful of capers
  • two handfuls of olives, pitted and sliced in half
  • a shake of dried basil
  • 2 or 3 dried chillies or chilli powder
  • 10 anchovy fillets
  • olive oil
  • pepper (salt is optional as the anchovies and olives make the sauce salty)
  • one pack of pasta (any kind will do, I like pennes with this dish)
  • Parmesan cheese (optional)

So you chop up the onion and garlic (and chillies if you are using dried) and push them around the pan at with the anchovy fillets in olive oil until the vegetables are soft and you can't see the fish anymore. The heat should be around medium. Then add everything else and leave it for about 10 minutes, stirring occassionally. Add another glug of olive, stir it again then pour it over your pasta. Serve with or without Parmesan (I do with) and grated pepper. Oh! And if you live in Greece RUN to the supermarket and get yourself a bottle (or 10) of some 2009 white wine. It was a great year and all the ones I have tried have been droolworthy. And, if you do any of the above please let me know!

Laters:)X

No comments:

Post a Comment